Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blister Like Bumps On Back Of Throat

.

Since I was born maintain an intense love-hate relationship with Zaragoza, the city that sees me has seen. The city of which I tried out a thousand times never to return, and there was no human way to achieve it. Always twisting something at the last minute. The last time I tried I brushed my purpose, but meeting such a "Maku" made me change my mind. Precisely, "Maku" is what I like about Zaragoza. Perhaps the only thing. Anyway, today I'm not here to criticize my city. Diving in the blog today looking for their charm. I guess
many of you have been here ever. And you will have known as typical. El Pilar Primo de Rivera Park, Interpeñas (This, interestingly, is very popular among our "tourists"), the Independence Center (if you write well, and above all, he says so. Do not come here and never ask why the "center of Independence" because it sounds really bad. Omit prepositions and articles and be one more of us) ... Anyway. What everybody knows. But today I present my real city. "My Zaragoza." The places I have checked, and where only to visit, I can fly.

CHANDLER STREET. This is my street. I no longer live there, but will always be my street. I grew up here, I cried, I fought, I fell, I laughed .... and above all lived. It is a passage. A white porch. That is where I've spent more time in my life. Smells different. The puffs of air transport me to my childhood. In my memories. If those white tiles could talk, and told everything that has been hatched, and lived there ..... Best get on with your mouth closed. There was the bakery of John, where we put blind us junk food. The bar of Begoña. The local tailor, who always encorría down the street. Lived there my best friends from childhood. I remember that to be in the afternoon, instead of using the doorbell or telephone, asomábamos us the courtyard and we used the vuvuzelas football, as a claim. Imagine the poor neighbor who woke in the middle of siesta. The aroma of my neighborhood haunts me. See ladies pushing their shopping carts. The nieblilla of Christmas Eve morning. The strawberry flase. The Phosquitos of "Eggs pole." Without a doubt my favorite place in Zaragoza.


GHOST CHURCH. It is located right on the opposite side of the passage. In Santa Lucia Street. Before I was surrounded by grass, trees and a fence made it impenetrable. Cats lived there alone. Could easily have a hundred cats following the fence. The neighbors down their food. The church looked around the forest. A jungle cat. The church was abandoned and grew up with the idea that it was inhabited by ghosts of war. Miles was the time we jumped the fence to chase the cats, but within the Church only entered once, and took away the desire to enter more. This place was our movie of Tim Burton particular. A creepy and magical place at a time. Opposite La Plaza. Our second home after passage. When I needed to think or be alone, I curled up under the street lamps staring at the magic of that Church. I spent dozens of stories. I lived within ..... that night that, that deserves an entry just to tell the tale. Promised.



PILAR pumps. El Pilar is an impressive monument. Few buildings in Spain are able to create such majesty that evokes the basilica when you're at his feet. Thousand are tourists who travel along the Ebro only because visiting. It is a place that I frequented a lot. He was very near my neighborhood. But running away from its architecture and history, that is what everyone knows, I introduce myself inside. And in one of the main pillars rest two pumps. These bombs fell during the Civil War and did not explode. The fact of the strategic point where they fell, and the fact that explode, leave the Virgin in pan a wonderful story full of mystery. It's a story I have heard since childhood, and therein lies my true devotion to this site. I am convinced that there is a magic lurking on the flagstones, which has nothing to do with religion. The magic of Pilar goes much further.




CENTER INDEPENDENCE. When I say "Independence Center", I mean everything from Plaza Spain and Plaza Aragón. But I stress in two places. First the shell. A shopping center in a spiral, very famous in these parts. There was some entertainment which was the meeting place when we celebrated birthdays. And when in the throes of puberty, on Saturday afternoon we went on the quarter to tie in the center. We never flirt with anyone. We ended up doing some mischief and home. The second place is the cinema Palafox. Part B plan birthday, there we saw the films that marked our lives. There began a monumental war of popcorn in the intervening even extinct ushers. We saw in my life masterpieces as "Home Alone", "The Ninja Turtles ".... etc. .. The heart of my city, which hides some of the most beautiful moments of my life.


do you know? ... Writing this entry I 've realized that the beauty of a city does not depend on its monuments, or climate, or its people ... The real beauty of a city is in the greatness of the moments you've lived in it, and Zaragoza is really beautiful there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment